With this update, our two latest DLC packs are available: the Mechanical Minions Pack is available to Season Pass holders or separately for purchase, and the Portal Pack is available as a FREE download for everyone! A huge thank you to our friends at Valve for letting us bring Aperture Science Test Chambers to the Evil Genius universe!
In parallel with these additional content packs, this update brings further improvements to the core Evil Genius 2 experience. Sandbox Mode has had some attention from our design team, bringing the following much-requested features to the more laid-back approach to World Domination:
- All Loot Items can be constructed in Sandbox Lairs, and start each game unlocked.
- Henchmen of your choice can be added to a Sandbox Lair, selected through the Side Stories menu.
- A broad selection of enemies, from Crime Lords to Super Agents, can be called on to test your meticulously crafted Sandbox defences, also selected through the Side Stories menu.
- All present and future DLC Characters and Items can be used in Sandbox Lairs.
Whether in Sandbox Mode or a Campaign game, modelling and remodelling the finer details of your Evil Lair en masse can sometimes require more clicks than we'd like, so we've added additional hotkeys for manipulating Items in Build Mode. These hotkeys are unbound by default, but can be set through the Gameplay Options > Keyboard & Mouse Controls menu.
Finally, we have given Sir Daniel back his trusty Hunting Rifle, having inadvertently disarmed him in the previous update, limiting him to fisticuffs. Sorry about that Sir Daniel.
As ever, thank you all for your continued support of Evil Genius 2, and we wish you continued success in your pursuit of World Domination.
The Evil Genius 2 Development Team
- Multiple issues with characters being unable to navigate to or from specific areas of a Lair have been resolved.
- Optional keyboard hotkeys added for Moving, Selling, and Toggling Power on the selected Item while in Build Mode. Find them in Gameplay Options > Keyboard & Mouse Controls.
- Characters fleeing from combat and gas clouds simultaneously will no longer become trapped in a fleeing state.
- Characters waiting to be escorted to a Holding Cell will no longer become stuck in place after repeatedly toggling power to the only usable Holding Cell in a Lair.
- Audible alerts added when the Genius or a Henchman catches fire.
- The "Floor 1" button on the HUD no longer flickers when a fire is present on other Floors of the Lair.
- Characters are now escorted to available Holding Cells correctly in unusual Lair configurations.
- Characters no longer remain stationary when assigned specific jobs in unusual Lair configurations.
- Characters no longer teleport to their destinations when assigned specific jobs in unusual Lair configurations.
- Tourists no longer become trapped in place when attempting to board the Cruise Ship in large numbers.
- Characters correctly transform into Body Bags in the Capture Tag is removed during a potentially lethal final blow.
- Tourists no longer walk through restricted areas when playing on the Montañas Gemelas Island Lair.
- Genius area of effect abilities will no longer impact minions on other floors of the Lair.
- The Build Menu information panel correctly updates when selecting a Loot item that has not been placed immediately after selecting a Loot item that has been placed in the Lair.
- The camera can no longer be positioned to clip through the Cruise Ship.
- The "Crack Shot" and "Poor Shot" Traits are now mutually exclusive.
- Extraneous button prompts and tooltips have been removed from a number of menus.
- Stability improvements and performance optimisation.
- Gamepad control and button prompt improvements.
- Text and localisation improvements.
- DLC content is now available in Sandbox Mode.
- Construction visual effects will display correctly during extreme builds in Sandbox Mode.
- The "Back" button functions as intended on the Island Selection screen when starting a new Sandbox game.
- IRIS will no longer become stuck in place on the Shark Tank Trap in unusual circumstances during Emma's Campaign Objective, "Tourists Trap".
- Visual effects from Emma's "Plotter" ability no longer display on Body Bags after using this ability on a Henchman shortly before Executing them.
- Incendio has the correct Crime Lord Trait and overhead icon during Emma's Campaign Objective, "Untied Nations".
- The "Destroy S.M.A.S.H." Scheme no longer appears during Emma's Campaign Objective, "Doomsday".
- V.E.N.O.M. Gas Traps once again harm Agents as intended during Emma's campaign.
- Feral minions are now immune to Execution attempts throughout Emma's Campaign.
- The "Fake Schematics" Item can now be placed in the Training Room during Maximilian's Campaign Objective, "As Broken As My Heart".
- Crime Lord Barks will consistently match their on-screen callouts during Maximilian's Campaign Objective, "Bury The Hatchet".
- Writers will not attempt to flee the Lair after being captured during the Side Story, "Hearts and Masterminds".
- Icons for Deception-class Side Stories are correctly displayed in the Objectives Screen.
Henchmen & Super Agents
- DLC Henchmen recruited after completing one or more Henchmen Improvement Research Projects will have their stats boosted correctly.
- Sir Daniel Ernest Hemingboone has had his trusty Hunting Rifle returned to him, and is once again armed for ranged combat.
- Wrecking Bola no longer becomes stuck in place when intercepted for Distract by a Deception class minion.
- The effectiveness of Blue Saint's Smoke Bombs has been increased.
- Friendly Henchmen no longer temporarily target Doomhilda when her "Shattering Voice" ability is used nearby.
- The Pyro Henchman's "Armageddon" ability activates more reliably when used during combat.
- The Pyro's bark for the "Armageddon" ability will no longer be interrupted by their regular attack bark, when playing in fast forward.
- Combatants now react correctly to Espectro's melee combat finisher.
- Clara Jones' position marker is no longer misaligned when using a Conference Table.
- Moving a Trap while it's active will no longer result in those characters being teleported to the intended destination of the Trap.
- The effective trigger zone for the "Shark Tank" Trap has been increased.
- Explosions from the "Puppy of Death" Trap are no longer visible when viewing other floors.
- Lair icons on the World Map now display correctly when playing as Zalika or Maximilian.
- The Cloning Machine, Basic Training, and Bush Tucker BBQ Items will be used by minions more frequently than before.
- Minions will cease using the "Melee Trainer" and "Agent Disguise Simulator" Items during High Alert.
- Minions returning dropped Ray Guns play the correct animation upon reaching the Loot item
- The "Security Checkpoint" Item correctly indicates that it increases the number of Security Cameras in the Lair by 1.
- Extraneous access point indicators (footprints) have been removed from multiple variants of Doors.
- Longer Item names are no longer truncated on tooltips.